Julie Boyd is an award winning inspirational coach, trainer, teacher and author with a passion and proven record for bringing out the best in others.
Thank you for visiting my website. The website aims to support anyone involved in Design and Technology Education in any way but is particularly suitable for those working at secondary level (11 - 18 years).
I have worked in education since 1984 in a range of schools in London and the Midlands. My roles have included working as a senior leader, including leading a whole school coaching programme and as part of a team leading teaching and learning as well as various leadership roles within D&T. I also have experience outside of education working as a retail manager. I now work as a consultant and author delivering training, producing resources and providing in school support.
Find out more about the work I do here or download my CV.
Specialist areas of interest
- Education, training, resources & in school support
- Coaching & professional development
- Teaching & Learning
- Design & Technology
- Specialist in textiles
- Raising the profile of STEM in D&T
- Challenging gender stereotypes
- Publishing & resources
- Designer maker
As well as working on my own projects I work with my husband, Paul Boyd, and together we are Boyd Education. We are known for the high quality training, resources and support we provide to schools across a range of specialist area.
- Working in a range of educational contexts across the country, from primary to university level, including in challenging schools
- Industrial experience in design and manufacturing and retail
- Experienced senior leaders in both education and industry
- Qualified teachers with over 45 years experience in the classroom between us
- Experienced trainers both as independent trainers and working for a range of providers including the DfE
- Experienced coaches and mentors including working at university level and in industry
- Innovative teaching and learning and leadership recognised through national awards
- Outstanding knowledge of teaching and learning across the curriculum, including senior leadership roles leading teaching and learning and coaching
- Worked with leading bodies such as the DfE, Ofqual, The Design & Technology Association and exam boards
- Extensive experience of delivering across all D&T specialisms including new technologies, STEM, CAD/CAM, electronics & e-textiles, systems and control, resistant materials, textiles, and graphics
What can we do to support you?
Get in touch to find out how we might support you email@example.com
To find out more about Julie Boyd visit 'About' to find out more or download the CV from the side bar.
To find out more about Paul Boyd visit www.designhotline.co.uk
Contact: Tel 01159 607061 Mob 07972 749240 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also find a contact form under 'About' on the top menu bar